The PVAMU guidelines for proctoring are as follows:
- Students are responsible for identifying a local proctor.
- The ODL recommends a professional testing center or a testing center within an educational institution. Some instructors have approved libraries in the past, but it is important to note that many libraries are unable to guarantee that individuals will be on hand to watch the student to make sure no cheating occurs.
- The testing site must be able to provide a computer with Internet access if the exam is to be taken via eCourses.
- The student must provide the instructor and/or the Office of Distance Learning (ODL) with contact information that can be used to verify the location and identity of the proctor. A name, phone number, email address, and website are required. The person verifying the proctor should be able to find the proctor in the institution’s directory to verify that he or she is an actual proctor at the testing site.
- Instructors have the final say on whether or not a proctor is acceptable.
- The student is responsible for any fees required by the testing site
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.