Department of Psychology
The Department of Psychology holds three degree programs: BS in Psychology; MS in Juvenile Forensic Psychology; and PhD Program in Clinical Adolescent Psychology. (THE UNDERLINED TEXT CAN BE A HYPERLINK TO THE SPECIFIC PROGRAM INFORMATION)
The Department of Psychology is committed to excellence in education, training, research, and service. The Department’s mission is aligned to the University’s mission. Having been designated by the Texas constitution as one of the three "institutions of the first class" (1984), the Psychology Department is committed to preparing undergraduates and graduates students to advance their education, compete nationally and internationally in areas of research and prepare students to present at conferences. The Psychology Department is characterized by high quality service to meet the needs of students in doing the following:
- Conducting, coordinating, collecting, and evaluating research in all areas of psychology and juvenile justice;
- Provide experience in basic research methodology, research models, and designs;
- Provide experience in statistics associated with empirical study in psychology and juvenile justice; and
- Produce scholarly research.
Our goal in the Psychology Department is to assist in the understanding of human behavior. Therefore, efforts charged by this department are:
- To improve knowledge and skills of students in psychology by offering undergraduate degrees and graduate degrees; and
- To increase knowledge and skills of students by conducting research related to psychology and juvenile crime.
Prairie View A&M University is a member of the Texas A&M University System. In 1984, the modern mission of the University was redefined by the people of Texas through amendment to the State Constitution. Through that amendment, Prairie View A&M joined the University of Texas at Austin and Texas A&M as the only constitutionally designated “institutions of the first class”. The University is organized into seven academic colleges and one school: Agriculture and Human Sciences, Arts and Sciences, Business, Education, Engineering, Nursing, Juvenile Justice and Psychology and Architecture. The university offers graduate and undergraduate degrees in more than 90 disciplines. The main campus of Prairie View A&M University is situated on a 1,440 acre site in Waller County approximately 45 miles northwest of Houston. The University’s location offers the advantage of a pleasant, semi-rural environment with convenient access to the excitement of a major American city.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.