Students majoring in Chemistry have two resources for proper advising.
- The first is in Arts and Sciences, second floor of New Science Building, where students should go to verify overall graduation requirements, double major declarations or declaration of minor, course transfers and to apply for graduation.
- The second source of advising is in the Department of Chemistry where all students have been randomly assigned a faculty advisor. However, the students themselves may choose an advisor with whom they feel comfortable.
The advisors in the chemistry department serve as mentors to the chemistry majors. They are there to assist the students with needs such as registration, class section or giving basic advice about their degree plans.
The following is a list of faculty advisors in this department:
- Dr. Remi Oki, Department Head, Inorganic Chemistry
- Dr. Ananda Amarasekara, Polymer Chemistry
- Dr. Vasant Doctor, Biochemistry
- Dr. Hua-Jun Fan, Computational and Inorganic Chemistry
- Dr. Hylton McWhinney, Analytical Chemistry
- Dr. Nathaniel Soboyejo, Organic Chemistry
- Dr. John Williams, Physical Chemistry
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.