The Department of Chemistry offers a Bachelor of Science Degree with the following options with individual requirements listed in the following Table:
|Traditional Chemistry||This program is designed for students who plan to be professional chemists, and to pursue graduate studies in chemistry|
|Biomedical Science||This program is designed for students who plan additional study toward the M.D., D.D.S., or D.V.M. degrees. It is also suitable for students interested in medical or biomedical research as well as for those who plan to pursue a graduate degree in the biochemical or biomedical areas|
|Forensic Science||This option is for students interested in career in crime laboratories, drug enforcement agency, food and drug administration, and other related agencies|
Please be advised:
- The above files are suggested degree program sequence. Because every student is unique, you should use your own discrepancy and adjust accordingly to your own pace.
- It is always a good idea to discuss your situation with your advisor promptly and let him/her know your situations, so she/he can advise you properly.
- The officially published catalog has the final say.
Degree Audit and Graduation
It is exciting that you will finally achieve a milestone in your life. To make this process a bit smoother for you, the Department of Chemistry suggests you follow the following steps:
- Fill out the degree audit sheet for your degree options. This step should be done around September or earlier because you may need go over your degree plan with your advisor a few times before its completion.
- Ensure that all necessary paperwork is completed (substitution forms etc.), and make sure all signatures have been obtained.
- Fill out the graduation application form and pay the fee before the deadline. Please check the academic calendar for the most up-to-date information.
- Turn the paperwork in.
- Don't forget to make a copy for your own records.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.