A statewide common application can be accessed at www.applytexas.org or through www.pvamu.edu website by following the admission link. A completed application is required and must be submitted by the deadlines.
Graduate School Forms
Available at http://www.pvamu.edu/graduatestudies/forms/
- Recommendation of Applicant to the PVAMU Graduate School
- Transfer Credit
- Degree Plan
- Candidacy Form
- Degree Plan and Candidacy Form
- Submission of a completed application to the graduate school and payment of a $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Has attained a Bachelor's degree from an accredited College or University
- Official transcripts of all colleges attended from the registrar of each college previously attended
- Has completed 40 hours of natural and physical science and mathematics courses, preferably including one year of calculus.
- A minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of 2.75 on a 4.00 grading scale for regular graduate degree status.
- A minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of 2.45 on a 4.00 grading scale for provisional graduate degree status.
- Three letters of recommendation from persons in the field of applicants academic major or area of concentration. Applicant should arrange to send these letters directly to: Dean, Graduate School, Prairie View A&M University, W. F. Delco Building, Suite 120, P. O. Box 519; MS 2800, Prairie View, Texas 77446-2800
- Official scores of the graduate record examination (GRE) must be in file within the first semester of enrolment and must be not more than 10 years old at the time of enrollment.
- International students must present a minimum score of 500 in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) examination, administered by educational testing service, Princeton, NJ
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.