In September, 2012 Prairie View A&M University was awarded a MSIPP program by the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) to lead a research effort in Investigating and Characterizing Catalytic Activity in Novel Materials and Processes using Experimental and Computational Techniques. The Consortium consist of Los Alamos National Laboratory (NM), Allen University (SC), Morehouse College (GA), Southern A&M University (LA), and Tennessee State University (TN). NNSA press release is here. PVAMU welcomes and deeply appreciates the support.
Dr. Hua-Jun Fan is the Principle Investigator (PI) of this project.
Here is the progress:
- On Oct 12, 2012, kick-off meeting @ Atlanta, GA
- On Nov 4-7, 2012, PVAMU co-sponsored three chemistry Majors to attend 68th Southwest Regional Meeting of the American Chemical Society, being held in Baton Rouge, LA (SWRM) for the most up-to-date research information
- On Nov 26-27, 2012, NNSA Technical conference @ Washington DC
- On Jan 22-24, 2013, Short Course on Fuel Cell at Las Alomos National Lab, NM
- On March 12-16, 2013, Modeling workshop on Catalyst at PVAMU, TX
- On March 21-24, 2013, Technical Assistance for Experimental Fuel Cell Research Workshop at SUBR, LA
- On April 7-11, 2013, PVAMU co-sponsored three chemistry Majors to attend 245th American Chemical Society National Meeting & Exposition for the most up-to-date research information.
- On April 25-26, 2013, Workshop on the effects of impurities on fuel cell performance at Morehouse, GA.
- During summer 2013, seven (7) undergraduate students and one (1) postdoc went to LANL as summer intern
- Duringg summer 2013, one (1) PVAMU student went to TSU as summer intern
- On July 30-Aug 2, 2013, TSU and PVAMU visited LANL for collabration activities
- On Aug 30, 2013, PVAMU held the second Consortium Review and Planning meeting.
- On Sept 27, 2013, LANL visited Allen University
- On Nov 8-12, TSU assisted PVAMU to set up a new modeling facility
- On Nov 13-14, 2013, NNSA MSI Meeting at Howard University
- On Dec 1, 2013, LAN visit TSU on lab design and equipment requisition
- On Jan 21, 2014, Teleconference among consortium members
- In Feb, 2014, Morehouse is planning a mini workshop on April 11-13
- On Feb 28 – March 2, 2014, Dr. Ouyang at TSU visited PVAMU to give a mini session on how to use Rocks cluster for modeling, recruiting summer interns and planning summer modeling workshop
- on March 6, 2014, Consortium has a planning teleconference for the summer
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.