The Joy of Japan:A photographic Exhibit by Dr. Clarence Talley

January 21, 2014

Enter details about the campus announcement here.

The Joy of Japan is a photographic exhibit of works by Dr. Clarence Talley, Sr. The exhibit consists of selected works from my travels in Japan. My travels on the mainland, connected together by its many rails, took me from one end of the island to the other. From Yokosuka, Kanagawa to Kamakura, Kanagawa to view the Great Buddha, to the grounds of the Imperial Palace in the center of Tokyo, to the Kokugikan Arena to witness renowned sumo wrestlers, these and much more allowed me to be immersed in Japanese culture and social norms.

Japanese culture, with its rich history, is in so many ways diverse and eclectic. Examples of its fame architecture can be seen in its many shrines that pepper the country. The Cocoon Tower in Tokyo, however, is a stark contrast to the traditional architecture the country is famous for. Its people are serene, reserve, quietly inquisitive. Modern Japan is truly a country where technology reigns supreme. In The Joy of Japan, I have chosen to share a glimpse of a world I found to be intriguing and engaging.

For more information, click The Joy of Japan

Contact Information

Dr. Clarence Talley, Sr
Email : cltalley@pvamu.edu