- Application form and fee ($50.00 non-refundable check or money order payable to PVAMU Dietetic Internship).
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
- A typed personal statement of application describing professional and educational goals and interests, as well as an assessment of abilities/achievements.
- Declaration of Intent to Complete Degree from an approved Didactic Program in Dietetics or Verification Statement signed by Didactic Program Director.
- Three letters of recommendation using the standard form prepared by The Academy with recommender’s signature across back of sealed envelope. These should be from professors, supervisors, or other professional persons well acquainted with the applicant’s work habits, scholastic achievements, personality and attitudes.
- Entry into the Dietetic Internship Match Program.
- Minimum Grade Point Average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Varied work experience in the field of dietetics.
- GRE scores (for unconditional admission)
Note: In compliance with requirements of the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) and the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR), upon completion of your degree (undergraduate or graduate) and the Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) requirements, please have the following sent to: Sharon McWhinney, Ph.D., RD, P.O. Box 519; Mail Stop 2004, Prairie View A&M University, Prairie View, TX 77446.
- Official copy of transcript indicating the date the degree was confirmed by the university.
- Original DPD Verification Statement signed by the DPD Director
- GRE scores
Second Round Match Requirements
In the event that the program does not fill all openings in the first round match, students applying for the second match must submit all required documents (including application fee) by overnight, express or priority mail to:
Sharon McWhinney, Ph.D., RD,
Prairie View A&M University
P.O. Box 519; Mail Stop 2004
Prairie View TX 77446
OR apply through the DICAS website.
All applicants must submit the required application fee.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.