The nine month internship begins in August and ends in April for duration of nine months. The requirements below are needed to complete the program.
- Successful completion of rotations and supervised practice hours.
- Completion of HUSC 5326 and 5336 Practicum in Dietetics; and HUSC 5253 and 5353 Dietetics Seminar.
- Complete all projects and assignments.
- Complete pre-rotation and post-rotation examinations with each major rotation.
- Demonstrate and meet all the abilities and expectations below:
- Candidates must be able to observe demonstrations and procedures in the patient care food service areas.
- Candidate must be able to learn, analyze, synthesize, solve problems, and reach diagnostic, therapeutic, and administrative judgments.
- Candidate must have sufficient use of the senses to perform clinical nutritional assessments or any food and nutrition service function.
- Candidates must be able to relate reasonably to patients, health care professionals, and food and nutrition service staff and establish professional relationships with all groups.
- Candidates are expected to be able to communicate the concepts of nutritional care to the patient and to his/her colleagues with accuracy, clarity, and efficiency.
- Candidates are expected to display good judgment in the assessment and treatment of patients and management of food and nutrition service staff.
- Candidates are expected to be able to accept criticism and respond by appropriate modification of behavior.
- Candidates are expected to possess the perseverance, diligence, and consistency to complete the Dietetic Internship curriculum and enter dietetic practice as a professional.
*Students successfully completing all requirements will be issued a verification statement within one week of program completion.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.