- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
- A personal statement describing professional and educational goals and interests, as well as an assessment of abilities/achievements.
- Declaration of Intent to Complete Degree from an approved Didactic Program in Dietetics or Verification Statement signed by Didactic Program Director.
- Three recommendations using the standard form prepared by The Academy. These should be from professors, supervisors, or other professional persons well acquainted with the applicant’s work habits, scholastic achievements, personality and attitudes.
- Entry into the Dietetic Internship Match Program.
- Minimum Grade Point Average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Varied work experience in the field of dietetics.
- GRE scores
- Application fee of $50.00 is mandatory and payable at: https://secure.touchnet.com/C20166_ustores/web/store_main.jsp?STOREID=38
Note: In compliance with requirements of the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) and the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR), upon completion of your degree (undergraduate or graduate) and the Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) requirements, students admitted to the internship must have the following original documents sent to: Sharon McWhinney, Ph.D., RD, P.O. Box 519; Mail Stop 2004, Prairie View A&M University, Prairie View, TX 77446.
- Official copy of transcript indicating the date the degree was confirmed by the university.
- Original DPD Verification Statement signed by the DPD Director
Second Round Match Requirements
In the event that the program does not fill all openings in the first round match, students applying for the second match must submit all required documents through the DICAS website.
Applications will be accepted through April 14th for a decision date April 22nd.
Application fee is mandatory for the second round match. Online payment may be made at
All applicants must submit the required application fee.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.