All communications regarding admissions to the university should be sent to:
The Director of Admission and Records
Prairie View A&M University,
Prairie View, Texas 77446.
Applicants must furnish a complete set of credentials before being admitted.
For Freshman Students
The following are required of all applicants seeking admission as a freshman.
- A completed application form.
- A certified transcript record from the last year of high school attended showing graduation with at least 16 units of credit or a GED high school equivalency diploma.
Scores from the College Entrance Examination Board SAT test or the ACT.
- A Personality Rating Form completed by the principal or counselor of the last high school attended
Program Entry Requirements
- Students enrolled in a degree program in the College of Agriculture and Human Sciences in the department of Human Nutrition and Food are required to fulfill the university requirements for successful academic progress toward graduation.
- In addition, students are expected to:
1. Earn a minimum GPA of 2.50 in each program core and major course in the degree plan/option.
2. Earn an overall GPA of 2.50 in courses required for the degree beyond the University core, but which are not offered by programs within the College.
For Transfer Students
Students who wish to transfer from other colleges and universities to the College must have a minimum GPA of 2.50 in transfer credits accepted by the respective Program for unconditional admission, in addition to satisfying the general requirements.
Students within the university who wish to transfer to the College must have a minimum GPA of 2.50 in transfer credits accepted by the respective Program for unconditional admission.
Tuition and Fees
The actual cost of the student will vary depending on the following factors:
Number of credit hours
Residency (Texas resident or non-Texas resident)
Room and board choices
For Academic Calendar Information Visit
http://www.pvamu.edu/calendars, Then click your area of interest e.g. (Academic Calendar, Athletics Calendar, ECT.)
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.