The Ladies with Pride organization has been on campus since July 10, 2016 and completed their summer program on August 11. Doris Morgan-Bloom, College of Agriculture and Human Sciences Instructor, enthusiastically reminded the organization that “We do not have to look, practice, or smell like what we have been through.” She assured the 166 women attendees that life could be “hard and unfair, and we will make unwise decisions and mistakes, but we can always make a better decision and change the directions of our lives.”

Comprised of future nurses, licensed therapists, psychologists, lawyers, teachers, architects, and engineers, the group was given additional words of wisdom: “Confidence is an ‘I-can attitude.’ It feels good, and is an ‘I-believe-in-myself’ attitude.” Morgan-Bloom shared that Ladies with Pride will exemplify positive self-esteem, flexibility to take charge of life, and pride stemming from growing from mistakes without fear of rejection.

While Morgan-Bloom shared many examples, she ended by emphasizing to the participants that each should repeat this daily: “I am of infinite value with my divine mission, which I will strive to fulfill.”

Dr. Kwaku Addo

Kwaku Addo, Ph.D.
Associate Director for Academic Programs and Department Head
kwaddo@pvamu.edu
(936) 261-2540