A team of accounting professionals and business professors offer a series of workshops to help accounting students and professionals in preparing for the uniform Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Examination.
At the conclusion of the CPA mini workshop, participants will have:
- Increased familiarity with the format and contents of the uniform CPA examination,
- More information about how they should prepare for the uniform CPA examination,
- Additional skills and knowledge that will assist them in passing the uniform CPA exam,
- Opportunities to interact with business professors and professionals in accounting, and
- A certificate of completion issued by the Prairie View A&M University College of Business upon successful completion of the workshop.
Four topics will be covered in two Saturday sessions; each topic will be presented in 150 minutes.
The registration fee for all four (4) workshops is $350. Registration fees include BISK CPA review materials (a $199.80 value) and additional study materials. Workshop dates, topics are listed in the table below.
Mini-CPA Workshop Schedule
|October 2013||12:20 p.m. – 2:50 p.m.||Business Environment and Concepts||Sanzid Haq, CPA, MBA, CMA|
|October 2013||3:00 p.m. – 4:50 p.m.||Regulation||William Vetter, JD, LLM|
|October 2013||12:20 a.m. – 2:50 p.m.||Auditing and Attestation||Vijay Vemuri, PhD|
|Octobber 2013||3:00 p.m. – 4:50 p.m.||Financial Accounting and Reporting||Brian Lee, CPA, PhD|
For additional information, please contact Dr. Brian Lee at 936.261.9258.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.