Our vision is to empower students from diverse backgrounds to become productive and ethical business professionals who are among the best in the world.
We provide a diverse student body with an education that creates highly productive professionals who are ethical, entrepreneurial, and prepared to succeed in the global economy. The College achieves this through excellence in teaching, research and service, and engagement with the business community and other stakeholders. The student experience is distinguished by personal attention, teamwork, leadership training, and appreciation of the social responsibility of business.
- Teaching is our first priority with an assigned weight of 50 percent in the faculty performance evaluation process.
- The College expects the faculty to be sensitive to the needs of the students and to strive for high quality teaching and learning, using a variety of methods, technology, and a contemporary curriculum
- The teaching mission encompasses a variety of activities involved in the dissemination of knowledge with emphasis on problem solving, practical application of knowledge, and service learning.
- Faculty members are encouraged to use innovative teaching methods to maximize student learning, and to participate in regular assessment for continuous improvement.
- The College seeks to educate students from diverse backgrounds with the potential to become productive ethical professionals, entrepreneurs, and business leaders.
- Our curriculum is designed to produce managers and entrepreneurs with an appreciation of the social responsibility of business.
- Engaging in intellectual contributions (research) is a priority in the College with an assigned weight of 30% in the faculty evaluation process.
- The College encourages a broad spectrum of research and publications that contribute to the theory and practice of business, and to management education.
- The College supports interdisciplinary and collaborative research efforts that have a positive impact.
- Service is a priority in the College with an assigned weight of 20% in the evaluation process
- Faculty and staff members are encouraged to be engaged with professional associations to advance knowledge, and with committees in their department, College, and the University to advance the institution’s overall mission.
- The COB faculty and staff are encouraged to share their time and expertise to benefit various stakeholders that we serve.
- As a land grant institution, the College seeks to partner with the local business community and entrepreneurs to positively impact business and economic development.
(Approved by the COB faculty on May 1, 2009)
- M1: Faculty emphasis on high quality teaching, research and service
- M2: Quality education and continuous evaluation & improvement
- M3: Emphasis on leadership, teamwork and communication
- M4: Emphasis on the link between business and society
- M5: A global and ethical perspective
- M6: Personal attention to students
- M7: Commitment to partnerships
- M8: Emphasis on readily employable skills
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.