Terms and Conditions
1) Vehicles are to be returned clean (no garbage). If returned dirty $50.00 Charge.
2) No smoking in the vehicles. $200 cleaning charge for smoke or ash odors.
3) Vehicles are to be driven on paved roads only, $200 inspection and cleaning fee for vehicles driven off paved roads.
4) Flat tires caused by road hazards are the renter’s responsibility, if renter gets a flat tire call transportation services for instructions at (936)261-1140 during office hours.
5) Renter is responsible to maintain oil and water levels in vehicle engine. If engine fails due to non-maintenance of vehicle fluid levels the renter will be liable for repairs.
6) Prohibited uses – the vehicle may not be used:
- By anyone not licensed to drive or whose driver’s license has been suspended or restricted.
- For any illegal purpose or in connection with any illegal activity.
- To carry persons or property for hire.
- To push or tow anything.
- To exceed any posted speed limit.
- In any speed test, speed contest, race, rally, speed endurance contest, demonstration or on or near any race track or road course.
- To teach anyone to drive.
- On any unpaved surface.
7) Tickets: The renter is responsible for all parking, traffic, speeding, or other tickets or violations issued while the vehicle is being rented and must pay for any fees, penalties, towing charges or impound costs. We encourage you to pay them immediately if you default we will pay the fine and bill your department the cost plus $50.00 handling charge.
8) Broken Glass: Unless caused by an actual accident with another vehicle, it is the renter’s responsibility to pay for the glass to be replaced.
9) Driving Area Restrictions: Vehicles may not be driven outside the state of Texas without prior approval. The vehicle is equipped with tracking equipment and renter will be subject to an additional surcharge to cover excess wear and tear.
10) Mileage: Daily and weekend rentals include unlimited miles unless stated otherwise.
11) Vehicle will be picked up and returned at the Transportation Center by date and time specified there is no grace period on vehicle return. Any vehicle returned after the indicated return time will be charged an additional daily rate depending on the vehicle.
12) Absolutely no refunds except for repeated mechanical failure, or verifiable medical or family emergencies.
Only persons listed on the agreement or otherwise authorized by law and above the age of twenty one (21) may drive this vehicle. You are responsible for all collision damage to the vehicle even if the cause is unknown. You are responsible for the cost of repair up to the value of the vehicle. Your own insurance may cover all or part of your financial liability for the rented vehicle. You should check with your insurance company to find out about your coverage.
In the event of a violation of these prohibited uses we reserve the right to end your rental and retrieve the vehicle.
You are bound by the terms and conditions on both sides of this form where permitted by law. You understand that your department is responsible for all charges including all fines, towing, backing expenses, court costs, penalties, forfeitures or administrative fees that we incur for parking, traffic, and other violations incurred by you during the rental period.