Urgent Care

Urgent health problems (physical or emotional) may include non-life threatening sudden, serious and/or expected illnesses, injuries, or conditions which require immediate attention.

Urgent health services is not emergency health services.

The services are provided by certified Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT) who are dispatched to the location of your illness or injury.  Call 936-261-1375 or 4911 for urgent care services.


ems parked at health center

Urgent Care Services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week during the regular school session.  If you have a serious condition that cannot be fully evaluated or treated by the EMT’s, they may arrange to transfer you to a hospital emergency room. In the event that you are transferred, be sure to contact your medical insurance company regarding coverage.

There is a charge for transport by ambulance, determined by Waller County EMS System.

PVAMU Health Services does not assume financial responsibility for patient transport and/or treatment at facilities other than Owens-Franklin Health Center.

After hours Urgent Care Service is available only for students physically on University property.

If you have an urgent emotional problem or are concerned about a friend, call Student Counseling Services at 936-261-3564.

In general, a person who is thinking about whether or not to get help should go ahead and get it.  And remember, all talk of suicide is serious and should be shared with someone in a position to help.