Collegiate FAQ

Q. What is a trademark?
A. A trademark is any word, symbol, design or a combination of these which identifies and distinguishes the goods and/or services of one party from those of another party.

Q. May I use the University seal?
A. The seal may only be used on official University documents, such as diplomas, transcripts, major reports, certificates, contracts, formal invitations and engraved note cards.

Q. What is a trademark licensing agreement?
A. A trademark license agreement gives permission to use the University name or trademarks for commercial purposes granted by license in return for royalties.

Q. Are license vendors allowed to sell licensed merchandise on campus?
A. No, licensed vendors are not allowed to sell licensed merchandise on campus or off campus locations.  Follett Bookstore has exclusive rights to sell licensed merchandise through the bookstore with the exception of homecoming week.

Q. What kind of merchandise requires a trademark license agreement?
A. All products that has Prairie View A&M University imprinted require a license.