Prairie View A&M University celebrated the unveiling of its newest historical markers during this year’s homecoming activities. The markers were erected to commemorate The Rosenwald-Prairie View Training School and Alumni Hall. Both buildings once stood on the university’s campus and the markers will preserve the memory of the buildings and educate future generations of Prairie View A&M students, alumni and friends. Several former students and alumni of The Rosenwald School gathered to witness the historic ceremony. When asked about her memories and time spent as a student at The Rosenwald School, Jessie Blackwell-Palmer, class of 1959 stated, “School was quite enjoyable and failure from teachers was not an option.” Immediately following the historical marker ceremony for The Rosenwald School, attendees marched to the ceremony for Alumni Hall, which once stood on what is currently known as Alumni Field.