Withdrawal of Students Ordered to Military Active Duty

A student called to active duty after the summer semester of 1990 will have three options as follows:

  1. Refund of the tuition and fees paid by the student for the semester in which the student is required to withdraw,
  2. Grant the student a grade of “MW” in each of his or her academic courses and designate “withdrawn-military” on the students transcript, or
  3. If an instructor determines that a student has satisfactorily completed a substantial portion of the course and demonstrated mastery of the material, then an appropriate final grade may be assigned.

In all cases, the student should provide a copy of the military order to the academic dean. The Dean will ensure that the Registrar has a copy of this order to keep in the permanent file. In those events where the student chooses the second option, the Dean will ensure that grades of “MW” are recorded for courses in which the student is enrolled. The instructor for each course will prepare the necessary documentation for removing the “MW” grade and forward the information to the department head for storage in the student’s record in the college, or school. In addition, a copy of the documentation will be forwarded to the Registrar for storage in the student’s permanent file. The time limit for the removal of a grade of “MW” for a student called to active military duty after the summer semester of 1990, shall be one calendar year from the official date of release from military active duty. Failure to enroll as a student during the one calendar year following release from military active duty will result in the grade of “MW” remaining permanently on the academic record.

Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.